Saturday, February 17, 2007

a little under the weather





So does anyone know where that expression comes from? Dominique is running her first fever tonight. She's been more congested than usual the last couple of days, but congestion is pretty normal in Abilene and even I've been a little stuffed up some mornings, so I know there has been something in the air. Last night she felt warm, but tonight she was hot. She's getting a cool bath now and had some ibuprofen earlier. I hate for anyone to feel sick, but in some ways with babies it's worse because they are so helpless and can't tell us what she feels. In some ways it's better because she has the luxuries of nursing more, getting more cuddles and sleeps. I hope she sleeps well tonight.

Ivan has developed a cute ritual. When I come in the door from somewhere, he runs over to me and asks: "how was swimming? have fun?" or "how was Mary? have fun?" It makes him seem so grown up. I can understand a lot of what he says which is getting more and more interesting as days go by, but apparently I'm only one of two people who can decipher his lingo because he'll say something I thought was clear as day and everyone else will be going HUH?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I hope Mimi will do better soon. And I am sure with her parents care it will be alright.
And second of all, since you are Ivan's Mom you are more likely to figure his speech than anyone else.

Trail Rider said...

after caleb passed we were all sick for 2 months solid! that's like 8 or 9 weeks! from the the end of oct all the way through christmas with various viruses, fevers.....aaaaggghhhh
I know what you mean! Hopefully you'll all feel better soon. I feel bad for dominique. it is hard on babies.
i love your passion for you kids. You are such a good mom!

Lady J said...

We hope your lil one is feeling much better soon and are sad to hear she is under the weather, but happy to see her sporting her Canadian shirt we sent her!!! Lookin good! How do the matching shoes fit? They never seem to fit at the same time do they?! Love ya lots!!!