Monday, February 26, 2007

Girls are different




I'm not what you would call a girly-girl. I'm not into dresses, or floral or pink. So it may come as somewhat surprising that my daughter is dressed in all the froo-froo. OK, maybe not all of it. We have head band bow things, but they always slip off past her hair. After about twice of putting it back, I give up and put it away. Meanwhile she has about 10 pairs of shoes- some to grow into (I don't think we put Ivan in shoes until he walked), about 15 hats, some of which go with an outfit, a little drawer full of hair clips and another container of hair bows. I think these pants are called capris (spelling???). I don't know if they're popular up North, but they are all the rage here and who else is wearing them but our little 7 month beauty! These flip flops have gotten her plenty of attention, ohhhhs and ahhhhs from the public at large. The first time I put her in them she had 3 compliments in a 30 min. time period.

7 comments:

armacleod said...

Yup. Your daughter is officially a girly girl.

Kimberley said...

She sounds like my kind of girl. 10 pairs of shoes and she's not quite a year old! Wow! I am impressed. How many purses does she have?

And yes they are called (and spelled) capris. Obviously most people aren't wearing them this time of year in Calgary (although some do with boots), but they are very popular during the summer months.

Anonymous said...

oh how sweet! you can get bows to stick in her hair with velcro...it always worked on Abbey's hair better than the clips and headbands.

Lin said...

I am in the same boat as you. You will never catch me in a dress and yet both my girls wore nothing but dresses. Jac has tons of shoes and so does Harley. I can't imagine spending the amount of time that I put into Jac's hair into my own. Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Even Emelda Marcos didn't have flip flops like those.

Anonymous said...

Love the flip flops. And the colour is grand too.

Nana said...

It's nice she is a "girly girl". She probably has a different pair of shoes for every outfit. It's the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo now, does she have boots for her cowgirl outfit?