Sunday, February 04, 2007

totally organic

Here Dominique looked so grown up riding a hippo toy. Today Brian took her on a wagon ride and she could sit in it all by herself.





Ivan is discovering the tools of being older. I was working on something in the backyard while the kids "played". I heard Ivan say: "taste it" and thought that was funny because I hadn't brought food outside. I looked to see that he had a fist full of mud. Immediately I looked over his face, but no signs of mud. Then, apprehensively, I looked at Dominique and saw little flecks of mud on her chin. Hoping that was all, I swiped her mouth and to my horror, found some mud and grass on her tongue. Ivan kept saying: "taste it". I asked if he wanted to "taste it", he said: "no, Dominique taste it". I told him that wasn't nice (although really, Dominique didn't seem to mind, she wasn't crying or anything. I know we have started her on some more solid food and she hasn't rejected anything- but mud!!! Maybe she has no taste buds).

What's the worst thing you have eaten? I've had dog food- have you? and I had a bush rat's head (cooked) in Benin, Africa. My neighbor was teasing me because I won't try his pigs feet. I told him I will next time, but to my taste bud's delight, he hasn't been in a cooking mood.

4 comments:

@mber said...

Remeber out at camp you ate a snail from the lake...

Lin said...

My mother always likes to try new things. I had to eat a cow's tongue. It was disgusting! I don't remember the taste but we could see every little tastebud and it literally looked like a big tongue! I think visual has a big impact on what you will or will not eat!

Kimberley said...

Worst thing or weirdest thing?

Worst thing: Buckley's Cough Syrup - it's true - it tastes AWFUL, but it does work!

Weirdest: I'm not sure, I haven't tried pigs feet or cow's tongue. I did eat cat food to gross out my brother though. It wasn't bad, it tasted kind of like tuna.

Nana said...

To my knowledge I haven't eaten anything weird. I guess I got my pickyness from my dad. It has to be domesticated and NORMAL. No rat heads for me, cooked or otherwise.