Wednesday, February 21, 2007

the best game ever!

Ivan is totally into hide-and-seek these days. Some funny versions:

I was changing Dominique's diaper when Ivan hid in her closet. He yells out "Where Ivan?"
So I ask "under the bed?" To which he replies with excitement: "NO" So I try again: "behind the door?" "ummmmm....yes" I guess he figured the closet door was a type of door. so I added "in the closet?" His triumphant joyous "yes" resounded with the dramatic sliding of the door to reveal the not so cleverly concealed toddler.

Last night, Jenn called and Ivan was on the phone with her when Ivan decided it was time for them to play again. He covered his ears and said "Ivan hide" How clever of him. I mean if you were playing hide-and-seek on the phone how else would you hide but to cover your ears? Then he ran to a wall to count (I guess Jenn was supposed to hide at this point). The part that almost made me cry was when he started looking behind chairs and under the table for his auntie Jenn. It made her seem so very far away. I tried a fast recovery by telling him that auntie was hiding in the phone! Now how clever was that of her? He ran to the phone and followed my guiding by yelling out "I found you!!!" Happily, he was not dismayed by the fact that she didn't leap out of the little phone as we both would have liked. I think he is more hardy than me at times, he just jumped up and down with a face full of delight: "I found you, I found you" on his singing lips.

Here he is in action for you to see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

was he saying "no dada" to brian so he wouldn't be "found"?

ahbahsean said...

Your kids are too ridiculously cute! I would play with them in an instant!

armacleod said...

That is way too funny. We never played hide and seek in the laundry hampers!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Deana- that is exactly what he said. I guess he wasn't quite ready for the dramatic revealing yet.

Sometimes it's hard to play games with Ivan because he gets some idea and wants to play his way. (Don't we all!)

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's a good spot to hid in, the laudry hamper. Who would think of that??? Just Ivan and Mimi would. Love it!