Friday, March 02, 2007

Before and after

Yesterday, I was going to post how twos aren't terrible at all, that Ivan had eaten 3 servings of carrots (with generous dollops of ketchup) and picked up his toys and helped sort clothes.

Today he didn't have a nap.

OK, I still stand by my statement that twos aren't terrible, but they can be terrible acting, especially when sleep deprived. It was like his ears were turned off and he was high on sugar. This was a lesson learned for us all. Well, mostly for the parents. Never, never, NO NEVER skip nap time. We did get to go see Miss Mary and I was hoping he'd fall asleep on the way back (30 min. trip). He did, but of course it was as we were driving into town. So he got a 5 min. nap as opposed to his regular 1.5 hour minimum.
A few days ago, the Baggett hackers took to Ivan's mop. It was getting very difficult to contend with. Much worse than the toddler under it all.



Here he is after the chopping clippers. Excuse the food on the face. Yep, I have children with food on their faces half the time. I used to think that was so gross. Now I see it for what it is: cute little dirty faces AND PEACE!

Ah man! I just looked and you couldn't see the food in the pic online. So retract what I last wrote. My kids are always well groomed and above all clean. ha, ha

5 comments:

Davis Family said...

Nap time is the most glorious time of the day! Gavin didn't have a nap yesterday - similar events seem to have happened! His most naughty was laying on top of his post-operative sister!
Still at night when they are tucked in and you can actually laugh about it they are pretty wonderful eh?
Ivan and Gavin need to meet someday I think! Oh, the trouble they could get into!
Roberta

GMS said...

Click on picture to enlarge and, lo and behold, food is actually visible on both sides of the mouth.
More importantly, enlarged those big beautiful brown eyes are captivating and shine deep into his soul.

Kimberley said...

I kind of liked the longer hair.

Lady J said...

Welcome to the "trying twos" as I call them! I remember when Ivan was born and Harrison was 2, and you'd write beautiful entries and post pics of a blissful sleeping baby (I vaguely remember those days) and I thought...you just wait! You've joined the ranks and officially been 'toddlerized' (my own expression for it!). Now all you can do is sit back and wait for the threes and fours to hit...again, I say "just wait"!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Kim- you are entitled to your opinion and we were actually trying to let it go longer, but it kept getting more and more difficult to comb or make sense of. Plus, at his age it's harder for people to tell if they are boys or girls if the hair gets really long. I like longer hair on men though (OK, some men).

Netts & Berta- I think toddler's angels must have extra doses of energy. I often wonder who will get hurt and although there have been some iffy situations, they have been well. I'm thankful.

gms- thanks for giving away the hint! ha, ha.