Friday, February 02, 2007

Imagination






It is ever so much fun to watch as Ivan's imagination grows and flourishes. He likes to recount stories we have read and sometimes it takes me a while to figure out where all his expressions come from. He has been saying: "see you next week" for a while now and it only dawned on me as I was reading one of our books that that is where he got it from. He makes up conversations with people he loves.

The other day, he was knocking on a cupboard and inviting "franklin" to come play (a character from a video he has). My favorite conversation he has been reciting of late goes like this: "don't throw things" "ho-hey".

Dad always said that imitation is the highest form of flattery. Well, we are constantly flattered. The IRONY is that I don't iron, but the two males of our household do.

I like the picture with Ivan on his bike. He looks like a harley rider eh? I took it through the screen and window from the kitchen with the zoom. He had no idea. That is fun, but rare. Our camera makes a sound when it comes on and our dear son starts to pose or look for it when he hears the telltale noise.

I love to do pictures in the mirror too. What is better than one Dominique? Two Dominiques! Actually I'm glad she's the only one, she was up most the night last night and about to drive us both nuts!

What was your favorite imagination play as a kid? I loved making roads for our cars in the sandbox, making sculptures out of snowballs and playing house with barbies. My siblings and I are famous (ok, in our close circle of relatives- famous) for doing skits. Maybe our kids will carry on the tradition.

7 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

These are great photos! The one of Ivan alone makes him look like a serious little man.

@mber said...

I can't believe the ironing bored made it back to Texas.

Lin said...

Your boys look so cute doing the ironing. What a great picture! And Dominique looks great in the mirror picture. Those have to be my favourite also. Take care.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Background info: Ivan wasn't moving, he was just sitting there like that staring off into space, which made him look even more serious!

Brian was ironing, Ivan was watching a video, but when he realized what his dad was doing, he jumped into action, grabbed his iron, board and prop, set it up and sprung into action!

Amber- you should see all the stuff we brought back! A whole suitcase full, plus mom said the throw blankets I'd left at the house was their's too. We were truly showered in love and gifts!!

Anonymous said...

Well, since you are not ironing it is great that your guys do it. Ivan will make a good houseman one day. It's amazing how Mimi is doing, sitting up and gazing at herself, not being scared. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I Love these pictures, especially the ironing one. Brian must feel highly flattered to see that his son wants to emulate him in every detail. The picture says "I love you daddy".

Nana said...

All of the pictures are "priceless" but I believe the men of the household ironing is an award winner.