Monday, February 12, 2007

the Ivan funnies revisited

I think this is fixed now! To those of you who tried watching before, try, try again. To those of you who think this post is perfect, ignorance can be bliss ;)

I love our digital camera, taking pictures and making movies. So does Ivan. Sometimes I wonder if he loves it too much. Of course, throughout the day we take pics or make video. Immediately Ivan wants to see it on the camera screen. He also wants to watch our home videos on the computer- all day long if I'd let him. I guess the positive is that our home videos are interesting to someone. The negative is that I'm afraid his head will swell to gigantic proportions. He has most of the videos memorized. I caught him replaying a video of him from about a year ago.
BEFORE:


AFTER:




I guess theatrical performances where he recreates himself is a talent in and of itself. He's also been memorizing the books I've read ad nauseam. It's all worth it now though. He can read them now himself. Tonight I read about 5 books and he read 3. It is so cute because he can't say most of the words properly yet, but I can totally tell he got the gist of each page. I'll have to get a video of it!!

5 comments:

armacleod said...

Don't worry too much about his ego. There will be plenty of things as he gets older to round out his character. On another note, your first video is "no longer available" whatever that means from youtube. You might want to look into it.

Trail Rider said...

Okay....i have to say it.....
The first video wasn't available, I'm not sure why, but I wasn't able to watch it. But I saw the second video and I know you are saying that he's imitating the last video?
Anyway, It totally sounds like he's saying, "Say shit!" LOL
Of course, I'm sure he's not!!!
Noah when he learned how to say fox, he said, fock....

Anonymous said...

I think he said Shay Shay? Anyway, I think imitating videos and all is ok. That's the way he learns. It is a bit awekward with all the videos and pictures but nowadays it is somewhat normal too. That's the "beauty" and/or "curse" of the 21st century.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Andrew & co.-Thanks for alerting me to the tech problem- I think I got it fixed.

Sarah- I have another video where it sounds very much like he says: shut up. But he wasn't on purpose. He did say "Oh my goodness yesterday. That was pretty funny.

Andrea- he sure does say ShayShay. Watch the first video and you'll see why.

Lin said...

That is so cute. I had no problems with viewing but I guess I was after the issue. I vaguely remember that video, I am sure you had it on before. It is funny how kids copy and repeat. You don't realize things you say often until you hear your children say it. I learned to say oh dear whenever something happened. Harley started to say it when she was playing, it's funny to hear that from someone so small.