Wednesday, January 31, 2007

HO HEY- another post

Dictionivary- "ho hey"= OK

I want them to grow up. I'm excited they are growing up, but a little sad too. IWA and MIMI are becoming names of the past as our son graduates up to more mature pronunciations. We chose the names Ivan and Dominique because we liked them and they are so beautiful sounding coming out of our son's lips, but I had grown an affinity to his toddleresque "Iwa" and "mimi". For a while anyways, I can console myself that he's not all grown up with his "ho hey". Sometimes it does shock me how different new words make him sound. I asked him something to which he replied: "sure". He's always said "no" or "yes". Where did "sure" come from?

I wonder when he'll grow out of spinning. He's always loved to spin. If I say dance, he spins. Mimi, or I should say (with a sigh) Dominique likes to flap her arms. And no, she isn't hyperventilating. That is how she laughs, at least for now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you guys have a neurosmith musini? If not, let me know because I've got one with Ivan's name on it!

Davis Family said...

Gavin says "Sure" all the time too. He says it with a Newfy accent too - which is so funny.
Our lives sound crazy similar!
Take care - Roberta

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Deana- a what???

Berta- I have a funny video with Ivan's Texan accent, I still need to post. Why does Gavin have a newfy accent? Aren't you in Calgary?

Pamela said...

I wish you could bottle that kind of energy and sell it! You'd make a fortune!

Kimberley said...

I think that Mimi is a cute nickname for Dominique.

Oh - re: Newfie accents in Calgary. I often say that I never met a Newfie until I moved to Calgary!

Anonymous said...

I love the way Ivan spins and then starts to loose his balance but keeps on spinning anyway. It's a bit scary too because he might bumb into something. And Mimi's "laugh" is just great. Flapping her little arms like that...can you imagine something more cute?

Deana said...

http://www.amazon.com/Carlen-Enterprises-Musini-MagicSensor/dp/B000065CKT

"E=MC2! Neurosmith's revolutionary Musini magically converts your child's energy into music and creativity! Musini's patented MagicSensor transforms any room into a musical playground where every step, turn, touch, and tap activates a unique musical response. Children simply select their favorite musical styles and instruments and start moving! Musini does the rest - sensing the strength and speed of each vibration and responding with a totally personal and unique musical composition. Mini-maestros explore tempos, rhythmic patterns, and musical structures and they'll never make the same masterpiece twice! Musini encourages physical expression and creativity, rewarding each movement with inspiring music. Children can also explore various musical styles, instruments, tempos, and structures, cultivating a deeper understanding and lifelong appreciation of music."

Let me know if you would like it, otherwise it's got to find a home somewhere else.

armacleod said...

Mimi's laughs are adorable. She is such a happy baby!

Davis Family said...

Ya Angela we are in Calgary - he only sounds like a Newfy when he says sure. When he was first learning to speak I thought he was Russian - but I don't speak Russian so I couldn't confirm it.
Berta

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Berta- that's funny. We thought Ivan sounded Italian.