Saturday, August 05, 2006

Time is ticking away



I finished Dominique's clock some time ago and figured it was time to do the traditional baby and clock picture. I pulled up Ivan's picture while I was at it and am still amazed by the strong family resemblance with Dominique although they are starting to have some differences. Ivan was such a serious baby, which is funny because now he laughs and sings and is very easy going, but it took him a long time to lose his grump look. Dominique, on the other hand, has been smiling since day 1!

On the clocks, I paint the baby's name and place of birth. On the clock face, I paint clock hands pointing to the time of birth, and on the hands, I put the date of birth. Are you lost yet?

I'm looking forward to making and painting my first ever niece or nephew clock some time this fall ;) I'll be coordinating with John and Jenn on that design! yipee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always so creativ. I love that. I wish I had more time, I just do things for 1/2 hour because I have no more time for them. But that will change after Tuesday.

Love

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I love the clock idea!

It looks like she has more hair than he did...what do you think?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I think you're right Deana. I think her's is curlier, so that makes it look more full too. I remember thinking that there was no way Ivan's hair would fall out as everyone said, 'cause he had so much, but it did, all but one tuft right in the middle. Did Max's hair fall out too? I hope Dominique's doesn't, but I won't be surprised this time if it does.