Friday, August 11, 2006

Snaps: quirky vol. 11 part 2

Every time Ivan sees this picture he laughs. So does Brian. Brian gets a kick out of pictures with the pets. I don't get it. Are they funny to you? I think it's fun to see how the kid keeps getting bigger while the dog stays the same.

Ivan always wants to grab the camera as I am taking his picture.

Smile for the camera- or don't! Notice how her angel kiss gets deep red when she is crying. I think it's a built in alarm button. Ivan had one too. The Designer must have thought we'd need all the help we could get... like "in case they can't tell their child is upset, this bright red mark will appear on their forehead and then they'll know for sure that he/she is angry or hurt". I wish there was a button like that for dirty diapers. Better yet, how about a series of buttons with labels like: needs a hug, wants to play, wants to go outside, hungry, thirsty, feeling sick, just a little grumpy today. This would help tremendously.

Ivan loves drinking water and will often help himself to our water jugs. This one is almost too big for him, but he doesn't know it!

Several times now people have asked me how old my baby is and I had to think a while. My confusion was over who was my baby! I don't know why, but I don't think of Dominique as a baby. For one thing, Ivan's been it for almost 2 years and I'm used to giving his age. Secondly, I think of Dominique as our daughter, or as Ivan's little sister or just as this amazing little person: Dominique. I don't know why I keep forgetting that she is a baby. You would think night feedings, diapers and little itty bitty clothes would clue me in. Does anyone else have this problem? Does this sound totally insane to you? Is there some logical explanation for my cluelessness (apart from sleep deprivation?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures with Saba. She is such a great dog. You've got to love her.