Friday, August 25, 2006

It smells like chlorine



I had my 6 week post check-up (yes, Dominique is already 6 weeks old!) and everything is well, so I got to go back to my pregnant mom water aerobic class. The class was definitely a lot smaller since about 7 of us delivered in July and another couple were due this week and were missing. It's exciting when someone is absent near her due date because we are always wondering if she is having her baby. I had my first return lady. Well actually, she was in the class when I was pregnant with Ivan. She had a boy a few months after Ivan was born and now she is expecting her second in the spring of '07.

I just love the water. Some years ago I discovered that I can get out of sorts if I don't exercise regularly. I had never noticed until then since I had always gone swimming or played ringuette or hockey. So I've made it a goal to swim regularly here. With the class, I don't really get to swim, but I do get to exercise and the interaction with the pregnant moms is great. I also like to lift weights and go for walks. I really enjoyed rollerblading, but that is on hold since I usually have a couple of little ones now which complicates the matter. This is why you are supposed to live close to relatives I guess, so they can help hold or love on a little one while you do some of these other things of life. But that's our fault (being far away) and I know we'll get into a rhythm or figure out some way to incorporate our children in activities we enjoy. To tell you the truth, even when I'd go do laps at the pool, I'd be thinking of how I was away from Ivan. I enjoyed my alone time and needed it, but a part of me was longing for my child just the same.

I want to also find a way to take Ivan to the pool from time to time. It just amazes me how quickly he is learning. When I first put him in the float suit you see him in, I could never let go of him or he went under. Then he could hold onto a noodle, then I could let him go with a noodle to hold onto. Eventually he got to where he is now, where he can keep himself afloat a bit. I still have to watch him VERY closely though.



Do you exercise? Do you like to play sports? What physical activities do you most enjoy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great videos, I love seeing my grandbabies grow, but what is ringuette? Is it another Canadian thing that involves cold weather? Will it ever catch on in Texas?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Ringuette is similar to hockey, but is supposedly non-contact. In Western Canada only women and girls play. In Quebec guys play too, but it's not fair, they could play better than me, just because they were faster and stronger-- boo!

I'll show you pics of me in my equipment and no, it will never catch on in Texas. We couldn't even keep a hockey team in town, the audience was more excited that a blimp was dropping free coupons for pizza then they were about the last minutes of the game during a penalty when our team pulled their goalie and was trying to score to even it up.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

yep, I'm the regular teacher. I was in the class when pregnant with Ivan, then they were having a hard time getting subs, so I became a sub. which turned into once a week teaching, which turned into having the class full time. It's just two nights a week and I really enjoy it. Plus I get a free membership to the YMCA, so I can go lift weights, swim or do whatever if I ever have time!!!

Jennifer said...

i wanted to tell you thank you for praying for me. i am really needing it right about now.

so, what is exercise exactly? people still do that? that is nuts!