Thursday, August 10, 2006

Snaps: cute vol.11






Ivan thinks it's hillarious when his daddy wears his "doo rag". Brian would walk into a room and Ivan would laugh uncontrollably. We finally figured out this happened everytime Brian has a doo rag on. Ivan also reserved this special treatment for complete strangers wearing doo rags, like a lady at the doctor's office and aunt Shayshay. With time, Brian has perhaps convinced Ivan doo rags are a cool thing, 'cause Ivan wants to wear them now and laughs at himself too. Maybe he just wants more people to laugh at!



Baby news: we had two neighbors give birth to girls yesterday. One was Angela down the street who also has a boy 6 months difference from Ivan. I'm thinking if we both stay on the street our kids will be seeing a lot of each other, so that is fun. The other neighbor lives a few blocks away, but is Myka's mom. I used to keep Myka before my energies were sapped with the growth of my pregnant belly and a rambunctious little toddler named Ivan! Jenni was having complications from pre-clampsia, which she also had with Myka. Myka was born at 29 weeks weighing in at only 1 1/2 lbs. Her sister is a little heavy weight compared to her at 3lbs 6oz and 33 weeks along. She is gorgeous. Pray she will grow well and strong and healthy. After seeing little Alyx in the hospital nursery, I came out and saw Dominique who then looked like a giant. But then again, when I see pictures of myself with friends, I often come off looking like a giant. I often forget how tall and big I am until I see a picture of me with a short friend. I don't know why this always shocks me. We are so thankful our children are so healthy, strong, smart and beautiful. Babies are born everyday sickly or with some developmental problem. It makes us realize how fortunate we are. I know that often people who give birth to a child with a difficulty wonder "why them". We face the same question as we look at our children in awe and wonder. Why are we so fortunate? And all we can do is give thanks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i often forget how big i am too, until i see pictures of me and somebody. i think the difference is even more over here...with the asian students!

i have really enjoyed getting updated on you and the family. for some reason, i have been able to access blogspot again. not sure how long it will last. :)

jenn with two n's said...

Wow--I am at 27 weeks now and cannot imagine having this baby in two weeks or six! It is amazing to even compare Ivan to Dominique. It's funny how new moms start thinking about having another baby shortly (it seems, probably more like 7-8 months) after the newborn stage has passed. In the big scheme of things we are all small and yet we can have influence.