Friday, August 18, 2006

a few of my favorite things

a few of my favorite things




1) raindrops-- definitely, but if you can't get rain, which apparently is a difficult thing for West Texas from the drought that has been going on SINCE BEFORE I GOT HERE (I'm starting to think it's not really a drought, but only wishful thinking that life could be different here, wetter), we have to make our own water fun. It's still extremely hot, so swim half the year away!








2) Here's our long moment of hug, hug, hug, cuddle, cuddle, cuddle which is definitely among my favorite things.









3) Great support in Brian, like when he takes Ivan outside to hang out and do guy stuff, you know like with work gloves. Ivan loves those work gloves. Also a big bonus is in the times when he juggles the two of them and I got off free!!!









4) Going places and doing things, like walking downtown where somehow one feels more inspired, artistic, alive. Don't know why, just do. Here we were headed to the library. I love the library. Free movies, free music, free spanish books, novels, kids music and movies and books, programs and activities all for free, free toys and prizes all summer for your kids just for walking in the door. And did I mention that it's all free! We also have some great museums that are free. Yipee! Sometimes you have to just go and remember that the world is bigger than our block, more involved than our little dilemnas, more diverse than my history and breathe in the vastness of it.









5) Laughter and smiles and silly stories and fun times. Kids are so great. They provide unlimited entertainment. Everything is exciting to them (an airplane, a flower, food- unless it's vegetables, and anything out of place is cause for instant hilarity). And there is nothing like the touch, the smile, the laughter, the voice of one's own kids. Dominique has already started recognizing her daddy and I and SMILING!!! OH, what delight! Most beautiful thing I've ever seen- that joyful recognition and she means it about ME! The smiles are sporadic, fleeting, surprising and bring me deeper into this total love affair I have with my children that totally wows me, enchants me, amazes and charms me.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Great pictures as usual. Ivan doesn't look like he is been too neglected since Dominique showed up.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Awwwwwww- I'll give you a hug when we get to Houston! But I bet you mean you wish you were the one getting Ivan's hug. He can give you one too. Hee, hee

Ivan has lots of friens too, so that helps. They come and play with him and he's learning to play on his own too, which is awesome!