Wednesday, July 03, 2013

our little athletes


These photos are from the track and field day.  I missed most of Ivan's events because I had to do an extended library program, but I got to see him at the event I'd missed at his school's track day.  This was the competition with all the schools in our district.  He didn't place, but had loads of fun.

They called this ball throw.  I got to do track once for my school and got to do shot put, the 200 meter and I think relay.

We met up with some cousins.

Ben is in Ivan's class and they got to compete together representing their school's "7" year old boys.

When their events were over, they played at being survivors in the forest and making fire from scratch.  There were dangers in the forest too- in the form of 3 little girls who were defending "their territory" against the big boys.

Soccerfest weekend was very busy for us.  Between the 2 kids, there were a total of 7 games over an evening and day.

Here's Ivan and his team.  He was one of the younger ones this year.

And some of my crew.  My team had an amazing weekend- winning all 4 of our games!

It was so cool to see them come together and figure out their strengths and we played to that.

Everyone gets medals and the scores aren't recorded (although the kids all know and keep track!)

We got to celebrate with ice cream from the fancy new shop in town that our doctor's wife started.  We are glad soccer is over for the freedom of time it gives us, but it was a lot of fun too.  It's such a great way to spend the last 6 weeks of the school year.

No comments: