Sunday, April 01, 2007

Beautiful days



So, if you were wanting to visit Abilene, now is the perfect time. We've had rain, so everything is green and pretty. Spring is in full swing. Temps are not too hot, but warm and sunny (80F 20C).




Had lots going on this weekend, but saw I haven't posted in nearly a week!! Horrible. Had 1 party, 2 bbqs and a guest for dinner all this weekend. And I've been trying to work on the painting. I put plastic wrap over the last color I mixed to keep it from drying out. That was 3 days ago.




Dominique shocked and amazed me at the library last week. The librarian started a story in somewhat silence: "It was a bad day", she read. Clear as anything, Dominique repeated: "bad day". No joke! Two different moms told me they heard her too and that that's what she'd said.

So, it's obviously time for our friendly contest- with the oh so powerful lure of knowing you were right, or closest...

1) What will be Dominique's first word (that she understands)? She already says momma and dadda, so we won't count those.

2) When will she take her first step? (She doesn't crawl yet, but walks a little securely with my assisting hands).

3) What will be her first question?

4) What will be her first sentence (at least two words)?

5) When, oh WHEN, will Ivan be potty trained?
Sometimes he now tells us he needs a diaper change. He usually refuses to sit on the potty. Several times he has wanted to see the poop in his diaper- what's with that??? how gross!! But one time he said he's pooped when he hadn't, so maybe he is figuring out what does what??

9 comments:

Lady J said...

I need time to think on all those questions, but I'll get back to you! I checked your blog for an update an hour ago and nothing new, so checked out everyone else's and came back, and here it was...your new post!

All I know about potty training is they train you, you don't train them! Remember my frustration with Harrison? Need I remind you that he finally agreed to use the potty only after a serious infection, 2 trips to the hospital and 3 wks before his 4th Bday?! It's hard, but you just have to be patient and wait them out...even if it takes 4 yrs! I know that is NOT what you want to hear...but that's all I've got!!!

Deana said...

First words...something about Ivan.

As far as the potty training...with Abbey we had her "help" us throw her poop into the toilet and then let her flush it. She would waive bye bye poopie. It was kind of weird, I admit, but she soon figured out that's where it went. And she would take her diaper off and tell us by ebye poopie...meaning she needed to o to the toilet.

It all takes time...he picks up on stuff so quickly I'm sure he'll get this in no time.

Nana said...

From some of your posts I would say Dominique's first sentence might be "more food", "where food" or "Ivan, no". Probably will walk between 10 or 11 months. As for first word I'm still shooting for "Nana". For Ivan's potty training I think it's all going to be on his time frame.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

If Nana is the only one to guess, she will automatically win! Where are all my competitive family and friends??

Lady J said...

Here I am, your competetive friend! Here is my guess, now that I've thought it over & read your last post...is that cheating?!

First word ~ bye-bye
First step ~ in her 11th month
First question ~ where ivan?
First sentence ~ mmm...more please!

Anonymous said...

I think that Dominique will walk at 11 months. Her first sentence will be "What's that?" (That actually was the first sentence that my sister Laveena said, according to your grandma, back in about 1935.
Love
dad

Kimberley said...

I'm not very good at this but here goes:

First word: Ivan
First step: on her birthday
First question: Ivan?
First sentence: Where Ivan?

Anonymous said...

First Word....oh-hay

walking....10 mo.

1st question....why

1st......light shoes

Madame Angela Baggett said...

cool- thanks everyone for joining the contest. Now I just have to remember my questions, observe and report! How fun! It really does amaze me how fast they grow and all they learn to do, so quickly.