Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What does a momma know anyways?

Ivan has been watching a phonetics video. A lot of good it's done. The slurred phrase he sings is "every letter makes a sound". I am awed by the fact that he is starting to recognize some letters. We've worked on the letter "I" for his name which is totally confusing. Sometimes it looks like a 1 (one) or an l (L), see, can't tell a difference huh? Who made up this language to torture little kids? He recognizes the letter O real good, except sometimes it is an 0 (zero). Poor kids. Us adults can make life so confusing. If it was up to them, I'm sure it would be much easier- like everyone could make up and change the rules as they saw fit.



Was learning to read or write hard for you? Did you have a trick that made things easier?

I hated reading out loud. I was only concerned about sounding proficient and thus never heard a word I read. I'd have to reread sections over and over before understanding them because I was concerned most of all with saying things quickly and correctly, which just made me slower and fumbling.

4 comments:

Davis Family said...

Wow - two year olds great stuff eh? I love the energy they have! You can just see the energy bouncing out of Ivan in that video clip.
Clever kid!
Berta

Deana said...

"L" does start with the "e" sound...smart kid!

I love how he gives his performance...then watch Ivan!

Lin said...

I am surprised at how big he is getting. He is so smart, I can't wait for Jac to start talking. Soon, then you will hear me say, I can't wait for her to be quiet.

GMS said...

To answer your ?,
every Momma knows a lot, especially about her own children.
You learn something new every day.
We just love seeing the videos and pictures and reading the great stories that you write.