Thursday, April 05, 2007

All at once!


Put her in pigtails or a braid and now she thinks she's a little lady. I thought, I should write in her baby book since she has recently started to do things and realized that she first: said momma and dadda, walks with assistance, crawls a little, got teeth and said her first word at 8 months! Yep, I know I just started the contest, but she is trying to speed ahead to keep up with her brother!

I caught her first word on video and can tell she knows what it means by her actions. She likes to say this word to everyone she meets and show off her new found skills. This was also her brother's first word. Can you make out what it is? It's right at the beginning, almost cut off.

She was also pushing her walking toy pretty well today and crawled (without lifting her belly off the floor) about 2 or 3 feet in order to get into her brother's markers. There is nothing like motivation!

4 comments:

Deana said...

aw "hi"!

Lady J said...

"Hi" Dominique! I was so close...I said her first word would be "bye" with the wave!!! I'm not out yet...there's still the question, sentence & walking left!

Nana said...

She is PRECIOUS! Without a doubt! I know it helps to have a big brother to motivate new skills. Of course later on Ivan will think she needs to do chores when he does. When my sister had to start ironing her own clothes she thought I should too. The 3 1/2 years difference in our age didn't come into play with her reasoning.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Good job Netts! You did really well. Nana- these are the dilemnas of oldest and younger!
Deana- right on!