Friday, April 13, 2007

Getting mobile

Dominique had her 9 month appointment. She is well. She's now in the 25th percentile for weight (at birth she was in the 90th, then progressed to the 50th and now 25th), but the doctor says it's ok, that she is healthy. She eats everything in sight. Often more than Ivan, but she's learning new skills and that takes a lot of energy, not to mention keeping everyone entertained and on their toes.

I thought I'd have Ivan checked while I was there since we've all had a mild cold and his was rattling a bit in his chest and what do you know, he has a double ear infection. I'm glad I had him checked out, I would have never guessed. But perhaps this was in part the reason for his absolutely horrible behavior in a store the day before, when he was totally unruly. I did all the things you shouldn't- bribed, threatened spankings that I didn't deliver as well as threatened removing him from the store (but I was half way through!) He did much better on the next and last store though.

I need to catch up on posting videos before they are old news. Dominique is just learning so quick, it's hard to keep up! I don't remember it all happening at once with Ivan. So here are her skills, perfected and her misses!

Standing:



Crawling:



Walking:

2 comments:

GMS said...

"GOOD JOB" is right!!

And Mommy did a good job too of capturing some special moments in time.

She seems much advanced for 9 months, but, must be looking up to big brother.

Lady J said...

Woah! Someone slow that girl down! Did I hear your right? Encouraging her to "walk, walk, walk"!? Are you crazy?! That means 2 kids running in 2 opposite directions!!! I never encouraged Harri to walk, and he didn't until he was 14 mos old, nor did he crawl until he was 10 mos old...thank goodness! You do realize once they start they don't stop!!!

You know I'm kidding right?! Good job Mimi...such a big girl!!!