Tuesday, March 27, 2007

parent survival tactics



You've heard of container planting... well why not container parenting? Doing laundry? Just stick her in the basket and pile clothes on her- she'll have a grand time and won't get into anything!





The age old favorite: wear them out. As soon as Dominique can walk well, we may have to start morning races. Today I took them out, but not in the stroller and they BOTH went down for a long nap ;) Of course that meant that my phone rang off the hook and someone needed to stop by for help, but it was at least peaceful in the house even if I didn't get all that peaceful time for myself... life is better lived with friends (and rested children!) The day I took these pics, they both fell asleep on the floor- which is very rare. In fact this is the first time I'd seen either of them fall asleep on the floor. And yes, that is still Ivan's preferred sleeping position.

Funny Ivan: He is into licking. It's totally revolting, but he likes to imitate the dog, so especially when it's time to go to bed, or he wants my attention, he will come up to me and lick my face or arm! YUCK!!! He thinks it's hilarious fun as I squirm and try to get away. Sometimes if I forget how disgusting it is, I remember to get my revenge with the tickle tactic.

5 comments:

Lady J said...

Ahh yes...the puppy phase! Harrison went through the licking of the arm and the face too! Guess he's still in his puppy phase as he's taken to peeing on the carpet again lately! Hope your lil pooch outgrows his habit before he starts that...it's terribly frustrating! Bad dog!!!

armacleod said...

Don't they look beautiful when they are sleeping?

Davis Family said...

I don't even have a dog and my kid licks me - it is so yuck!
Yeah for little sleeping children eh?

Lin said...

I can't believe they passed out on the floor. Jac will not even come close to that, Harley on the other hand did that all the time. I am surprised about the licking, it seems to have started late. Hee hee, Jac likes to like me whenever she sees bare skin. Love ya!

Ian said...

You will have to hope that he doesn't discover how ticklish you are Angela!
I remember tickling you by just moving my fingers from across the room. BTW do you have any trees that need trimming?