Monday, April 02, 2007

ummmmmmmmm- c'est bon!


Ivan loves to bake- ok, he loves to eat baking too. We like to make muffins most of all. Mom found this great blueberry recipe, but blueberries are expensive, so I've used the recipe and substituted all sorts of fruit and combinations. Tonight we made banana chocolate muffins, since we had left over chocolate syrup from another creation and carrot/apple spice muffins- from the same recipe. Both came out good, but of course the banana ones are the tastiest. Not that Ivan would know, because he didn't get to try either of them. We adopted a rule from our friends that he doesn't get desert (if we have it) if he didn't eat all his meal (most of all the vegetables). Three nights in a row, he hasn't had vegetables, or deserts. Maybe I'll let him have one of the carrot muffins tomorrow, that's like both together right?


The day we made these cinnamon rolls, I told myself to please remember before attempting this again. They are so messy!!! I always (all 2 times) get the butter/sugar/cinnamon filling too runny and when we roll it up, it just spews out everywhere. Ivan had to change his shirt and pants by the time we were done and my white shirt will never be the same (what was I thinking?) Neither will be my kitchen. Syrup was all over the counter, the floor, the pan... And with all the filling everywhere, except for in the rolls, they came out dry and not very sweet. But we managed to eat them anyways!! By the way, "C'est bon" means they're good.


Dominique is waving now. It's so cute. She just bends her hand back and forth from the wrist- often with both hands. I have to get it on camera!

Kids were up most the night, so we all crashed for a nap. Maybe I'll drink some coffee after I get Dominique down to sleep and paint tonight. Think they'll both sleep again tomorrow for another nap time?

6 comments:

Lady J said...

Drink coffee? At night? No wonder your baby is up half the night! I stayed away from coffee while nursing for fear of him being awake more than he already was! Is it a full moon, as Harrison was up half the night last night too, screaming his head off & he just wouldn't settle. Ugh...yawn...I'm tired too, but didn't get a nap! How did you manage that?!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, how cute is that? "Ah, bon!" Plus him nodding his head. I think that was one of the cutest thing he ever did.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

netts- the trick is to drink it after her last feeding. But I ended up opting for tea anyways and still stayed up until 2am. But that was good since Dominique woke up again before I got in bed. I feel more rested if I'm up late and refuel her than if I get dragged out of bed. Naps, they are rare, but oh so awesome!

Kimberley said...

Some of my fondest memories are baking with my grandma.

Oh and Netts - it was a full moon on Monday.

Ian said...

So when are you going to teach him how to take the lawn mower apart?

Anonymous said...

the lawn mower is already apart