Friday, April 20, 2007

snaps





Now that Dominique gets pig tails and braids, she comes out with all sorts of interesting hair at night when we take them down. While her hair is mostly straight, sometimes it decides to have momma's hair's attitude. I braided her hair today and after sitting in her chair, the braid is sticking straight out from her head- like pippy longstocking.

Some other bad hair photos, bad face and my little mermaid in the bath.

Dominique is at the stage where she can make up her own jokes and she is quite the jokester. At the pool, she thought it hilarious to stick a toy in my mouth. She didn't think it funny when Ivan did it. But she recognized that mommies don't usually gnaw on toys. Then, at night, she kept faking out Ivan. She'd offer him a drink then pull it away right when he was going to take it. They laughed and laughed as they repeated this over and over.

We are pretty excited today: our neighbor, big buddy just came home from the hospital. He's been in almost 3 months and before that was in many weeks. I can hardly wait to go see him. We painted him a welcome home card and made him his favorite desert (lemon cheesecake).

I'm enjoying all your answers to the questions. A couple of new ones: favorite baked desert? favorite woman's or girls hair-do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baked desert: My Mom's Christmas Cookies. They don't even have a real name in German, at least I don't think so. But they are the best on the planet although I just get them for Christmas.

Hair...oh, don't you even ask me. I had very long and very short hair. And now I have it in between. Just a wee bit longer than my shoulder. And I still don't know any good hair styles.

Nana said...

Favorite baked goods. A toss up between Cheesecake and the ever lovin Chocolate Chip cookies. It depends if you are sitting down or on the move. Favorite hair do? The ponytail was always my do in school. Now anything that makes me look feminine especially when in my "blues" and visor.

Kimberley said...

I love my grandma's cinnamon buns. Mimi has hair a lot like mine; fine and curly. I've always admired women that have long, thick hair.

Davis Family said...

I'd rather have seconds of dinner than dessert. I love my meats!

As for hair styles - I finally bit the bullet and died my hair. I've had highlights etc before but never a full die job. The amount of grey was getting embarrassing so I gave it a shot.

Your little miss does truly look like a doll!

Lady J said...

I enjoy all baking and find it hard to narrow it down to just one thing! I make pretty yummy chocolate chip cookies though!

Well, I have long and thick hair (eat your heart out Kim!) with a little wave to it, and as such don't have to do much to it to style it. I just shampoo, brush out at straight as possible, still leaving me with full bodied hair and go!!! Pigtails are cute under my cowboy hat or a ponytail with a ball cap for bad hair days work for me!!!

Lin said...

I don't know if you can call it baked but my fav dessert is Puffed Wheat squares, the peanut butter kind, not the chocolate. Love them!! As for fav hair style, mine is none. I hate doing my hair but my daughters both get there hair done on a regular basis. I love pig tails, they look so cute.