Friday, October 28, 2011

Still on our little walk


After we left the washed up dock/sitting area, we walked along what used to be a path through woods near the water. Now it is right on the water with some very interesting decor. Like this mock volcano all covered in green residue. I'm guessing it's a former tree's roots. The tree is long gone, and these are it's remains- I suppose.

Speaking of tree roots, here was some kind of art display. I found the bleached white wood so beautiful. I almost took a piece home. I may have to go back and get some. They had fascinating twists and were so soft.


Here you can see the tree tipped over with the roots.






These are the same roots along the water. I had to heave Emora and our stroller over some of these obstacles.

I loved the textures in this spot along with the colors and shadows. It looks like another world altogether.


We saw some pretty reds in the trees.











I liked how the green was popping out along this tree's trunk. No matter the catastrophe, the earth is so amazing in it's strength and will to sprout new life again.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Davis Family said...

Isn't it so nice to just hang out with the youngest kiddo. Mari and I have had some fun times lately too. She is so much easier to manage when I have both hands to wrangle her with! Ha ha.