Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Halloween!


It is 12:30 am, so technically it is no longer halloween, but I am still up boiling pumpkin and baking pumpkin seeds. After I read to the kids getting them ready for bed, as I was checking the pumpkin, Ivan came up to me and asked me "mom, why do you have to do all the work?" I'm sure mommies the world over would like to know the answer to that question! ha, ha. No, Brian works hard too, the kids just don't see it most of the time.

We had a super busy day. Ivan had his last soccer game. It was vicious! Their most intense game ever. It was like they all stepped it up 10 notches, except Ivan, who continued to make us smile as he waved to us from the field and avoided the ball. We kept telling him not to be afraid of the ball. He informed me that the ball might make him fall, which in fact it did once when he made the effort to kick it, so I guess that was that. Mr. cautious, think-it-through, planner has determined that the ball is a danger to his pride and many body parts. He's a smart guy I tell you. Not very spontaneous, but that is not always the best plan of action either.




I had been so determined to not dress up and to make Brian go out for the trick-or-treating while Emora and I gave out candy, but I was duped by the Halloween dupster. We were invited to a dress-up birthday party at the last minute, so I drug the kids and became a butterfly. I since discovered that each of my kid's have had costumes connected to me. Ivan was my birthday gift his 1st halloween (he wore a gift bag, tissue and card), Dominique was "mommy's little helper" last year (with a little baker's outfit and wooden spoon) and I was a mommy butterfly with Emora as my baby butterfly this year. I still need to get all the pictures uploaded. But here are some teasers.


Ivan loved bowling. Dominique had one really good shot when she rolled it from between her legs.

Here are two of the three pumpkins currently in pots, right before they were carved. Ivan and Dominique each drew the face they wanted and so wanted to help me cut them.

3 comments:

Ian said...

It seems that there are fewer and fewer kids that go out for treats each year. We had only 7 come this year. Oh well, more goodies for me to eat!

GMS said...

I had some leftovers too so I usually bring them to work. Glad soccer is over but was well worth it. Bowling looks like a fun indoor activity too.

Davis Family said...

Our pumpkin was rotten on the inside so I didn't do the seed roasting. That was a bummer - they are my favourite part of halloween.
Glad to all had fun!