Thursday, October 29, 2009

soccer video


Ivan has his last soccer game on Sat. It has been exciting to see him trying something new, but I am looking forward to having our Sat. mornings free again and Brian not having to skip out of work early to take all 3 kids to practice (which coincides with the water aerobics class I teach).

The library called me today to see if I'd talk to the newspaper about using the library since I am a frequent user. Who me? Just because we're up there at least once a week and have two bags, or three of materials at a time? OK, yeah, we're very frequent users. We use about everything they have up there- kid's library time, special programs, children's dvd, sound recordings, computers, puzzles fiction and non, adult fiction and non, adult dvds and documentaries... Can you tell we love the library? Hey, it's free and I'm part scottish and they brought me a book I wanted to read from New York the other month. How cool is that? Yep, for FREE! Plus it's just down the street from us. They brought me 4 books this week from all around the city. When do I have time to read? Well, I'm still nursing Emora, so that restricts my movement. Then once the kids are in bed usually. I can read pretty fast though when it's interesting.

Do you use the library? What do you use there the most?

5 comments:

Ian said...

It looks like Ivan is catching on how to play soccer. How come the season is ending so early? With the kind of weather you have there you could play it almost all year long.

Anonymous said...

Seems like every one is having fun.Love the costumes.Butterflies always come around every year.Good to see Emora as one this year.Ivan seems to be enjoying the soccer the more he plays.I love reading and with a good book that means very late at night. love mom.

Davis Family said...

Wes is the library guy in our house. He takes the kids almost every Saturday. He usually leaves Mari, but still its a nice break for Mommy.
Enjoying your kids,from afar!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE LIBRARY...As soon as I moved here I got us library cards. I just got caught reading the Edmonton Journal there with my shoes off. Don Eastcott asked if I was too cheap to buy the paper. I should have blamed it on the Scots connection!

Andrea said...

Hmmm, I guess using the library is part of my job discribtion. ;) Of course I use the university library on a regular base. I have a wee little cupboard there, which I can lock and where I can store my books in. That makes it easier to study. But I also use it for fun reading, well, the reading is still for university but rather general.