Thursday, November 05, 2009






I noticed that Dominique is not in any of these pictures and that Emora is in all of them. What can I say, babies are just so terribly cute! Plus, they smile for pictures, are easy to catch up to and don't have a choice... all reasons why the pictures of Ivan and Dominique are not quite as numerous. However, I feel like while the baby gets the most pics, the older ones definitely get my attention disproportionately. Part of me feels bad about it, but I don't see any way around it. When Ivan was a baby, he had my 100% attention, but you can't do that once you add a second, much less a third. The older kids seem to need more attention as they get older instead of less in some ways. I am loving how they are getting more independent, like the fact that Ivan can pour his own drink now! He'll even pour Dominique's. But I spend the most time with him teaching him letters, reading, writing, etc. At the same time, the girls are just so much faster at catching on to things. Emora picked up a pencil today and was scribbling on a paper. I remember having to teach Ivan which end wrote. These 2nd and 3rd kids just look at the other one and pick it all up so fast and easily.

Today we spent our day making marionettes. They look so cool. No picks yet. We still have to make some clothes for them. I did realize part way into the project that this was way advanced for them. Of course I knew I'd have to assemble, but I thought they would be able to cut the paper towel tubes and string everything. Come to find out, they don't have the hand strength to cut through anything thicker than paper and the stringing was harder than I imagined. They had fun anyways, playing with my knife, needle, tape, hot glue gun and everything else I would have rather they stayed out of, which of course made the execution of our project longer than I imagined also.




Emora playing music

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Waahaaa - what a beautiful video. Really they do play beautifully together. I see no reason why that isn't the total norm in your house! So cute!

Ian said...

Emora seems to be growing every post. BTW I am commenting from Worchester at Gail's place. Gail, Aunt Joan, Uncle George and your mom send their love.
It is a beautiful sunny Saturday morning and I have had fried plantain and green banana porridge for breakfast. (The WHOLE green banana was grated up to make the porridge. Love you.