Friday, November 20, 2009

the garage

Here are the pics of Dominique, my feverish child last week, with her wood project from Lowes. She had so much fun making it, then decorating it with pink and purple marker. Poor girl has such an impossible name. She was trying to write her name on it, but ran out of room, so she scribbled over it in another color. She has a journal we made in "pretend school" and when she tried to write her name in it, she ran out of space after DOMINI, so she started on the next line with her Q then got lost in what letter was next.... so she started writing it over again on the next line and got out DOMINI before running out of space again and giving up. She would have had room if she had started at the edge, but I thought we'd let her rest with all that for a while.

Emora has been congested some, but on other days she is like this, or wildly clinging to my leg. She is quite attached to me.

Tomorrow, the kids are going to make another wood project. Brian is going to take them this time, so that Emora and I can go to a store to buy some things the older kids shouldn't see. I really hate shopping, but I'll try to survive it. It's not so bad when I know what I'm getting and where to find it, which is the case here, so it will actually be a nice outing with just one darling child as opposed to the circus trio. Tighe and I keep laughing at ourselves, because when we had one baby we thought it was so encompassing and hard, but now that we have more than one, we realize we had no clue what a cinch ONLY one was compared to 2, or now 3!

1 comment:

Ian said...

It is so cool that both Ivan and Dominique are wearing safety glasses while doing their project.