Saturday, November 14, 2009

A few of our friends


Dominique's fever finally broke! She's been running about 100 all day, which is good compared to what it has been steadily since Tues. Then this evening before bed, she finally had a fever free reading. I'm going to take it again before I hit the sack, just to be sure it's not creeping back up while she's snuggled down in her comforter. Could this mean a return to real life? To leaving the house? To seeing friends? shudder of excitement!! Brian offered to get the groceries for me Fri. night and I about snapped his head off. We've been house bound a week! And it's been so pretty out. Today it started off cool, so I put on jeans, but was sweating by lunch time and had to put shorts on! In Canada, I used to put up summer clothes once winter set in, but not here.

Ivan and I went to a kid's building workshop at Lowes today. He built a garage. I was sad that Dominique couldn't come with us, as originally planned. But they let me bring the materials home to her and she was glad to hammer and create. They made garages and got aprons, goggles and a badge. I think we may become Lowes nerds. Some kids had about 20 badges of all the projects they did. They had so much fun, got to use their brains following instructions, bring home a great craft they made and it was free! Gotta like that.





These last two picks were harvested off the kid's camera. Which means they were taken by Ivan and Dominique. I think they are very creative shots. Speaking of harvesting, we are gathering up pecans- yum, yum and just in time, we used up our last shelled pecans a few weeks ago. Our garden is still going a bit. The okra and green peppers are still holding out a bit. We ate a volunteer cantaloupe. It was small, but surprisingly delicious. We are also getting squash from a plant we didn't plant. That is one of the great things about composting, we never know what plants will start growing all on their own and then we are surprised to get to benefit from something we didn't purpose to create.

I can't wait for Emora to walk. She screams like all let out when I set her down. I don't remember the other two being like this.

Have you gone to any crafty/creating/building workshops? What kind?

2 comments:

GMS said...

No, No workshops that I can think of.
The new layout overwhelmed me at first but I was glad that the pictures you posted this time enlarged when clicked on. Some times recently they haven't but not sure why.
Glad to hear Dominique is getting better & pray it continues.

Ian said...

It is good to hear that Dominique is getting better. It has been unusually mild for this time of year here. + 11 is promised for tomorrow.