Tuesday, November 17, 2009

another writer on our hands?

Emora loves to play with the big kid's pens, markers, pencils, chalk, paintbrushes... I think she's a natural at it too. This day I watched her make scribbles on the page and clap for herself.

Ivan has other opinions of writing as seen here. Mostly because he is a perfectionist and his letters are "bumpy", which he doesn't like. But they are coming along well and I think we may sway his idea of it.

Dominique is our real clown. She hates to pose for picks now. The other day, she had a screwdriver and was helping daddy work on the old computer. I wanted to take her pick. First she ran away and screamed "no, no, no". Then she agreed to the photo shoot. First she stuck the screwdriver in her nose, then under her nose like a mustache, then sticking out her ear. What a goof.

How do you feel about writing? Is there a kind of writing you like to do, if so, what is it?

I obviously enjoy writing about my kids. It's fun to reflect on the moments I've had with them throughout the day and to also think about who they are, or what they've done that would bring a smile to the face of friends or family. As for real writing with a pen, I've always hated my handwriting. It's horribly messy. So maybe that is where Ivan get's it from ;)

1 comment:

Ian said...

I'm glad that you are a thinker and a writer and are willing to share your life and your kids with us.