Sunday, August 30, 2009

a bit of this and that




Outside play. Today was much cooler outside, so we enjoyed a walk with Big Buddy down our block and back. It was only in the 80s (about 25C). But then with the sun, by the time we were back down the block, we'd decided that was enoug
h. This explains why we only spend short amounts of time outside, usually after supper.

I have very talented friends, so we have had fun music time. They play and the kids imagine themselves as concert pianists, violinists and percussionists. So fun and really loud. You can't see from this pic where just my kids were in sight, but there are a total of 3 adults and 7 kids (Ivan age 4 and the other 6 ages 3 and under!). It's a total zoo.

Why does it take no more than 2 minutes to get the room like this? But it takes an entire day or two of constant repetition, motivation, threatening and adult help to return it to it's former glory?

My knee is still messed up. I thought I was better after my 5 day around the clock Ibuprofen treatment. It lasted a week and now my knee is getting sore again. So we are going to try 7 days and more rest to see if it will get better without a steroid shot, that's the next step. It's frustrating not knowing what is wrong, but I'm really hating taking pills all the time and even worse of not being able to work out. I'm still doing my water aerobics, but not that leg, but I can't lap swim and I miss it so much!! Or walk the kids to the library or pool. I feel like a nerd loading them in the van to drive just down a couple of streets, but I'd rather be back to normal sooner than later.

violin music and dance library special presentation that we got to see this summer. I thought it was cute how they were participating.

1 comment:

GMS said...

I even recognized the violin song.
What fun!