Saturday, August 15, 2009

Highlighter comes off surprisingly easily

The Baggetts have been better. I have a knee something that is causing me all kinds of grief. It started hurting about a week ago and has been getting worse- to the point that I even called Brian home from work Fri. and went to the walk in clinic- where I was told for $100 to take some tylenol. Probably my fault since I am not good at talking to doctors about my own stuff. So I then called my nurse practitioner friend who asked a bunch of questions and is going to come see me Mon. and bail me out! It goes from not hurting much, to throbbing, to I'm going to pass out hurting. Oh, yeah, the $100 did get me a couple of xrays that said nothing was wrong. So at least we know my intense pain is not photographable.

Meanwhile, Emora got the rash Dominique got in Canada. I'm still not sure Dominique's is gone either and now she has something with her eye. I'm waiting on a call from mom to see if she thinks it's an ER deal.

All of this does make me thankful that we are normally all very healthy. I now understand why people in constant pain might get cranky from time to time and am relieved I have very smart and talented friends. I'm hoping we will all be better in no time and that we can clip along as usual discovering the world. One discovery we just recently made was that although pink highlighter artfully colored all over a couple of children may look very dramatic and a terrible mess, it actually wipes off with hardly any effort. Lucky for them!

This was the night Brian closed on his present house flip. We celebrated by eating out at a new pizza place in walking distance from our house. Good thing we walked so that we could burn off a few of these calories! It was VERY good pizza ;)

4 comments:

Ian said...

I hope everyone is better soon. I have to go to work this week on Thursday. Retirement is starting to look pretty good.

Kimberley said...

I hope the knee and the rash both get better soon. I know from personal experience how painful a bum knee can be!

Olivia said...

There is nothing worse then feeling a pain that no one knows what it is! I am hoping they find out what is going on, especially since I am sure resting in not a option for you much! And that pizza looks amazing! What is good? Love you all.

Deana said...

Sorry to hear you've had sickness around your place! I hope you all feel better soon!

Thanks for your comment over at my blog too!