Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Do YOU know what inertia is?



I felt bad for Ivan. Right as I was about to take a picture of Ivan's creative stick and rock garden, he started ripping the planted items up in discouragement. I asked him why and he said because they weren't going to grow. Poor guy had planted and watered his creation and got no fruit. I understand Ivan. We've had the same. The unfruitful tomato plants were recently evicted. Oh, well, maybe another year. Dominique also has a flair for creativity. She did this with the money from her piggy bank.


I face painted the kids a while back. Dominique wanted to be a princess. Ivan wanted a beard, so we made him look like his daddy. I tried to draw a flower on Emora, but she didn't want it and looks like a victim of family violence instead.

It's still hot here. I put some water in the sandbox so that the kids could create yesterday. We forgot to put the lid back on and noticed the dog laying there in delight all day on the cool sand.



Funnies from the preschoolers: Ivan asked me the other day if I knew what inertia is. He's been watching Popular Mechanics for kids a lot this week. He gave me a definition of something being at rest (which was half of it, the other half was that something at rest wants to stay at rest), but for not being 5 I was pretty much blown away. I love those videos, they are really fascinating.

Today, while at my friend's Dominique made a comment that made me laugh. We were using the facilities when she declared: "Mom, this bathroom is SO cool!"

Thanks to all those who have been concerned for our health. I'm glad to report that we are on the mend. So far I am avoiding a steroid shot and going with Ibuprofen, and Dominique can get off the antibiotics Wed. Yeah! Thankful to be getting back to everyone feeling ok.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Emora seems she will not be out done she will hold her own just like her siblings. Mom

Nana said...

So happy that things are looking up. Now if the trial I'm on will end, things will be looking up for me also.