Wednesday, August 12, 2009

funny kids

I've been gleefully looking at pics of my brother's wedding on facebook. How exciting. Would you believe you can get emotional just looking at pictures? I'm so happy for them and we love Andrea, so that is just fun to officially have a sister-in-law.

We were at Big Buddy's when these pics were taken. Ivan and Dominique are now owners of our old camera and they lug it around everywhere snapping shots. Ivan took the ones with Emora in them. We also rediscovered the artistic mode to shoot with and they have found stuff on the camera I didn't even know it did in the 5 years we used it! I'm telling you, these preschoolers are smart! They try it all. I just use enough to get by. OK, that makes me sound old now! Yikes.





Gotta share the funny things the kids have said lately.

Ivan and Dominique were playing in the mud when Ivan said: "it looks like we speak French". I asked if he meant "it SOUNDS like we speak french" and he said no "it LOOKS like it". I asked what he meant and he said the mud made him look French. Then it dawned on me that all our French friends are Africans, so he thinks that the French are all very dark skinned!

Then Dominique pointed to a man in a game and told me his name was Sake. I couldn't figure that name out and she finally said- "for his name's sake" Sounded familiar, since we have been learning Psalm 23, which includes "he guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake". Yeah, we're still working on what all these big words and expressions mean!

3 comments:

Ian said...

I don't even need pictures. I just have to read stuff that you or Jenn write and something makes my eyes runny.

Davis Family said...

Just love the stories of your kids. So cute. I was looking at your brother's wedding photos on line, (thanks Jenn)and I thought you must feel sad to not be able to go. Although I can't imagine dragging my three kids to Europe (shutter at the thought). Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you too.

Olivia said...

I love the idea of giving kids a camera it is a good perspective. I love the photos and stories. The blueberry ones make me laugh. I miss you guys! Hopefully we will see you soon.