Monday, August 10, 2009

meet sniffy bunny and leon




The kids and I went to a party at the zoo this weekend. Sometime after the thrill of it all, the kids unpacked their goody bags to find animal masks. Apparently these masks have special powers. Once my kids snapped them on, they disappeared. I now have 2 more pets and 2 less kids.
Meet sniffy bunny and leon. At first thought a lion/bunny combination would not seem advisable and certainly they have gotten into a few squabbles, but Leon has yet to make a dinner of sniffy bunny, albeit she has suffered a scratch or two. You might also think that caring for a lion and bunny may be a lot of work, but they came potty trained, which is a real bonus, they eat the same as my kids did (as in anything fun and no vegetables PLEASE!

If I tickle them just right, the creatures sound just like my former kids, so that makes me wonder if the lion actually swallowed Ivan and while the bunny likes to hop gleefully around the house, it also trips and cries just like my former daughter. Sometimes I miss the sight of my dear children, but then there's Emora and housework, teaching the lion and bunny their numbers and being thankful for something so simple as a few pieces of foam glued together and attached with an elastic.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Sounds like a fun place to play. Can I come over to play?