Friday, August 28, 2009

electricity

Last night, Dominique was picking out the library book she wanted me to read, when she found one with a little girl princess in a pretty dress on the front cover. She asked me what it was and I read the title: "Princess Bess gets dressed" and told her that I had picked it out just for her. She looked at me with big eyes of understanding and gave me the biggest best hug she's ever given me. It was amazing.

This pic. is on my screen right now. The light is amazing and it really makes Emora's blues dazzle!

This is to prove how smart/resourceful my kids are. We were at the park in 100 degree weather (38 C), so while everyone else played, my kids camped out in a somewhat shaded tube and ate snacks.

This is to prove how not so smart or resourceful my kids are. Here is Dominique shaded in highlighter, not make-up or facepaint, but highlighter!


I used to think I was smart or talented or something because my kids were such good eaters. Well, now I've got one good eater and she's 7 months old. She even thinks paper, books and crayons taste good. The other two have joined together to make war with us over the battleground called supper. For several nights now, they haven't eaten anything from noon until breakfast. I guess I shouldn't complain. Our food budget may benefit.

Our power was out for a good hour or two last night after a lightning strike. The kids thought it was so thrilling to use the flashlight and candles to eat supper (technically, Ivan and Dominique just pouted over their plates) . Then when the lights came back on, they ran around wildly saying : yeah tricity, yeah tricity, until we had to tell them to stop because they were driving us batty.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Kids will go through stages where they eat very little. When they turn into teens then you will think that they have a hollow leg somewhere.