Tuesday, August 25, 2009

violining and discovering

Emora is on the brink of so much that it is just magical to watch her. She is trying to move while on her tummy, but hasn't been able to figure out crawling quite yet. She can go backwards some and pivot. I keep telling Ivan and Dominique to keep their little toys out of her reach, but all of us seem to underestimate her reach as it expands daily. She seems to be understanding some words- I guess now would be the time for baby sign language, except that I was never good at that. Besides, with two older siblings, it doesn't take long for one of somebody to bring her a drink, food or some toy once she starts crying. Tonight, she was in a walker, which she has figured out how to operate, when she discovered her shadow on a wall. She was playing with it and slapping toward it. Then she tore some of Dominique's artwork off the wall. Shortly after that, I found her with Dominique's marker from off a table. You should have seen the look of delight on her face when I caught her with it! It was like she was saying: "look at what I did mom!"

Of course all is not beautiful and I don't want you to think our home is the picture of perfection. Ivan has been particularly disobedient and rude lately. I think he's learning where the lines are of proper behavior and I really hate to enforce it- but I guess that's part of my job. Dominique's rash has returned for the 4th time! The doctor's nurse WILL order me something stronger tomorrow or I'm not the momma. Emora got shots yesterday. She ran some fever and was cranky. So I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt for her most horrendous screaming fit at the library today while I was trying to check out 95 books and 10 videos that barely fit in my bag. The library helpers discreetly turned away as I dealt with my screaming baby. It didn't help that I dropped some books on her head while she was on the floor, while I was trying to manoever her, 95 books, 10 videos, a too small bag and the diaper bag, plus the spewed out pacifier. You notice I didn't mention Ivan or Dominique, yeah, I had no idea where they were, but to their credit, they weren't tearing books off the shelves. Ivan did bring me two more books, but returned them when I barked at him. Finally some understanding mom with two darling wonderfully obeying small kids came to help me. I think I've prayed blessings on her about 15 times today. Thanks again unknown lady in the library.

OK, so on a fun note, her is my friend Tighe giving my kids an improv. violin lesson. They totally loved it! I love having talented friends!! Hope you are feeling better Tighe and family (they've caught some nasty bug and are being nice to not share it with us).


Ivan's violin lesson



Dominique's violin lesson

1 comment:

GMS said...

Very impressive!
I don't know a G from a D from an F.
I once took piano lessons for awhile but never got past scales.