Wednesday, September 02, 2009

hanging out


This is a perfect illustration of Dominique's goofy side- which is a pretty dominant trait in her. I change the desktop picture on our computer fairly often, usually with something recent, but yesterday I put an old picture of her and Ivan in an igloo in Canada a couple of winters ago. Dominique didn't like my choice, so I told her that she could choose any picture she wanted to put on the screen. We have a couple of years worth of pictures in the program right now, amounting to thousands of pictures I'm sure and this is the one she chose.

And I don't know that Emora will be all that different. 7 months old and she loves to laugh and make others laugh. You should see the two girls when they get going. Dominique will repeat an antic over and over because it made her baby sister laugh.



These pics. were taken moments after Emora discovered her shadow on the wall of the freezer. She was having fun walking up to it and slapping at it. I thought it was also neat when our shadow's fingers touched. Of course recreating it for the camera was another matter.

Ivan is now officially going to be in speech therapy. We start Tues. and he's really looking forward to it. He has been trying so hard to make his hard K and G sounds and can get it sometimes especially with blends (like CL/CR/GL/GR), but is still misunderstood for words he is trying to say and just don't come out right.

He has also started soccer and is totally pumped about that. Unfortunately I will miss all the practices since I work at that time and we will miss the first game since we are going out of town, but I should get to all the other games. I'm excited to see him in a new environment, under a different coach and with other kids trying something new. Brian said he did great at the first practice this week, although Dominique was throwing fits that she couldn't play. She decided she no longer wants to be a cheerleader and would prefer crying- which has become all too common these days. I'm afraid she doesn't get much of a sympathetic ear either, since neither Brian or I tolerate the drama very well.

Did you play sports as a kid? What was your favorite one and why?

2 comments:

Ian said...

Football, baseball, ice hockey, shinny, kick-the-can, anti-I-over, hide and seek, were most of the games that I played. The favorite was probably ice hockey.

Davis Family said...

What sweet kids!!