Monday, December 15, 2008

A year ago today

I'll never forget this day. I got to see my niece from her first breath out of the womb. There was something so connecting at being able to be there, and healing and joyful and freeing.

Our lives were forever changed. I got to be auntie, Brian- an uncle and the kids- cousins. Imogen got lots of hugs, kisses, welcomes and camera flashes.

She has brought so much joy to all our lives and has displayed both her easy temperament, joyful spirit, talent and determination. She is now walking, eating table food and babbling away. I wish I could be there for every moment, but have to be thankful that at least there is the net, facebook, blogging and web cams to keep up with the changes. It does hurt when I want to reach through the computer and give her a hug or kiss or touch her little hands. So would someone up there do that for me? Tell her that her auntie, uncle and cousins in Texas love her very much and happy birthday.

In case she has learned to read on her own since we last web cammed (she is brilliant- you know): We love you Imogen Grace Wallace! Happy 1st birthday!

1 comment:

GMS said...

I totally forgot it was a year ago. How time does fly & what blessed changes to all.