Monday, December 15, 2008

It's t-t-told outside

Ivan can't say his hard C sounds yet, thus the title. The kids have a video showing them the sound the C makes and so he likes to quote "it's t-t-told outside". Yesterday, Dominique was in a tank top and Ivan got hot in his black jeans. This morning, they came to me in their pyjamas with mitts from the bag Brian had left out when getting ready to head to work. They hadn't even had breakfast yet, but wanted their mitts on. I told them mitts were for going outside, when their hands are cold. Dominique said her hands were cold as she put her glacier fingers on my bare leg. Our lesson on placing the thumb in the mitt commenced immediately.

They keep saying we could get snow, but something more than colder temperatures needs to happen for that- precipitation. Brian said we haven't had rain in 3 months. It's so dry! Even Houston got snow already this year. Last time that my parents came for Christmas it snowed for them, so a repeat would be cool. They say we have another chance for snow this weekend. We'll see.

On to baby news... I had an appointment today and another one in 2 weeks, then weekly (I was mistaken before). The doctor said that I'm nearing my weight limit for the pregnancy- (like whatever that means) and that I need to watch my intake of sweets, fatty foods, nighttime snacks... Did she happen to look at a calendar?!! I knew this weigh in was going to be bad. My water aerobics class is suspended and I won't be back until 6 weeks after the baby is born, so I've missed out on that, plus we started celebrating our anniversary this week, so I have a huge cheesecake in the fridge that we've been working on and when I found out my parents have their own stash of German chocolates, we went ahead and started on ours, with the idea of saving some for their time here too of course. Humff. Watch my intake- she means watch them go in my mouth right??

OK, the nitty gritty-- To those of you who know numbers, I'm dilated to a 1 and 25% effaced and the baby is already in position and "engaged" at a 0 station, which the doctor explained usually means a quick labor. She asked if I've been having contractions and I'm not sure how to answer her. I've been having tons for over a month now and told her once before, which totally freaked her out and she checked me, but nothing was happening. So then the next visits I told her they were just Braxton hicks, but they don't feel like them, they feel more like not so intense contractions. Of course the doctor was asking if I wanted to be induced, but I don't think we'll need to be this time, with the way these feel. Ivan was one day early and Dominique induced a week late, so I don't think this one will come early. I guess we'll just see. In the meantime, mom and dad are to arrive, we have Christmas coming and the New Year- just a few things going on.

Can you believe it's almost Christmas?? Dominique is always asking me where her Christmas is and I have no clue what she is talking about: the tree, a present, a card, a decoration...???

We got to go see Mary today. The kids and Wynetta played Dominoes with her, which was great. I was helping both the kids play, but they did pretty well. I think Dominoes is one of the few games that any age can play and even enjoy with different ages playing together.

Big Buddy is in the hospital and scheduled to have his other leg amputated, so that really sucks, but it should help him a lot with his pains and he is pretty chipper about it knowing how much it helped when the other one was done.

We got our mailed presents in the mail today, so maybe they can get there on time. I hope Andrea's doesn't come back from Germany- like her birthday card did! yeah, argh, we got it in the mail today (I sent it in early Oct.). So Andrea, Brian said I should just scan the card and e-mail it to you. Plus it came back damaged, like they were mad at me for not figuring out the address- can you move somewhere easier to mail to (like Canada ;)? hee hee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the candy: you should know that I treat the Canada family with candies too. Especially since your dad likes them loads.

On the moving part: you have to wait a bit longer and that one. I want to give you a chance to mail a birthday card once again to Germany. ;)

Btw, I usually get mail from Canada and the States with no problem.
Was enough postage on it? Or maybe it was the postal code? Whatever it was, don't worry about it. It's nice that you thought of it anyway.

armacleod said...

It's unfortunate about Big Buddy. I can't imagine life without the use of both my legs. Praise God that he has help from such a wonderful group of live wires such as yourselves to lighten his load. I pray that the surgery goes well.

Well, it's t-t-told outside here in Canada. We've got the big cold on, -20°C or lower average for the last week or so. I've started to plug my car in even though I just changed my oil the other day. The electricity is already paid for at work so I best enjoy it.

Imogen's birthday party was lots of fun. She didn't really know what was going on, and she was getting tired at the end but the rest of the fam quite enjoyed it. We have a ton of pictures, including some great ones of Imogen kissing her Canadian cousin quite a few times.