Thursday, December 18, 2008

our wonderful holiday schedule


I am a total sucker for sleeping in. The kids and I now get up around 8 or 9ish, which is great for sleep, but horrible for trying to get things done before noon. So now our noon is about 1:30 and naps some time after that. Ivan still needs naps everyday, at least he is much more pleasant and so are the rest of us, but it is taking him a long time to conk out, so that's a little rough. My natural inclination, which is to stay up until about midnight, lets me get some stuff done when the kids go to bed about 9:30 or 10pm. I have been going through baby clothes, washing, sorting, arranging, getting mom and dad's room ready and keeping up with regular household stuff like suppers and laundry. I'm trying to get Dominique to stop throwing everything on the floor when she is done with it, but this is not an easy lesson. I just can't reach down and be picking up everything all the time, not that I should have to!

We got to see Big Buddy today. He had his other leg amputated and is hurting quite a bit, but in good spirits, teasing all the nurses. We brought him a card with the above picture on it and he liked that quite a lot.

Tomorrow the kids go on their first slumber party to a friend's house, while we get to go out for dinner for our 10th anniv. and maybe even a movie sans kids. Yep 10 years ago, we were up there in what Brian called a "frozen wasteland" (his first impression from the plane), pledging our "I dos" in the midst of a huge snowstorm. It was a great start to a wonderful 10 years. I just can't believe it has all gone by so quickly!

8 comments:

Kimberley said...

Happy Anniversary. The weather seems to be re-creating your wedding day too! Frozen wasteland is a very a propos description.

Anonymous said...

If the weatherman is correct, (how often does that happen), it could re-create, on a small scale, your 10th anniversary. I'm so proud of the way you two have really connected. Happy Anniversary!

Ian said...

If it doesn't get cold and it doesn't snow while I am in Abilene, I won't mind at all. It has hovered mostly between -20 and -40 for the last week and they said it would last till next year.

Janet said...

Nice schedule for the holidays. Sounds exactly like what my kids were doing for most of december, but I was actually getting tired of it...yeah, getting much done in the morning was hard. Kellen was getting to bed later and later until I was falling asleep before him at night. So, I purposely changed it. Now that I would want them to sleep in during the holidays when they'll probably be up late, I bet they won't do it!

jenn with two n's said...

Happy Tenth Anniversary! It seems like not long ago at all. I get a kick that I wore what I wore for your wedding at a wedding recently. Love you! Love to my brother-in-law too!

Glad that Big Buddy is in good spirits. Pass on a hello from us.

Olivia said...

Happy Love day. YOU LOOK SO PRETTY today. I hope you took a photo. I love you and thank you so much for my gift. I will have it forever. I love you and I am SO honored to have you as a friend. Be blessed. PS. Your kids are SO much fun.

Lin said...

I'm late in wishing happy anniversary but I hope you had a a wonderful time! I love you both and can't wait for the arrival of the next member of your family. Take care Love You!

armacleod said...

Happy 10th Angela and Brian.