Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Toddler tales vol.2

Today we had packages in the mail. The ever so exciting rewards from the HEBuddy kids propaganda club from our grocery store. We really like our store and they help the community a lot as well as provide fun activities for kids like fishing for live catfish in the parking lot. They are very generous with prizes, of course store propaganda prizes. They give the kids "buddy bucks" while we are in the store, which can be used on a grabbing game in the store, which gives them points, that when added up gives them prizes from a frequently updated catalogue. Today, they got the latest prizes we ordered: HEBuddy kid mugs that are also puzzles in that the picture turns on the mug so that you have to match up the store mascot (a grocery bag of food). Ivan and Dominique are so excited about them, but the laugh out loud statement that Ivan made was this: "wow, when I'm an adult, I can put coffeee in this and drink it!" Yeah, I see him as a 20something with his puzzle kid mug, drinking his latte!

Dominique has developed an interesting way to count just lately. She likes to count with the microwave. Of course she is counting up, while the microwave counts down. The funny thing is that she is counting all mismatched in 3 languages. She typically says something like: "un, deux, trois, cinco, siete, ocho, eighteen, nineteen".

One thing I hope to do better now that I am not keeping other kids is to talk more French to them. They know a few words, but should really be bilingual by now if I was more consistent. It seems with each new baby we have, I feel like I have the chance to start again.

Can you believe Christmas is around the corner? We are so not ready. We are still making and getting gifts, one of which Brian is planning to build for the kids the weekend after Christmas, not to mention I need to get the house ready for my parent's arrival and a baby!!! I start my 9th month this coming week. So exciting!

At the same time, we are enjoying sleeping in and being flexible. Yesterday we stopped by a friend's work to surprise her for her birthday and ran into a friend who took us for lunch and another friend, who then joined us- grandma Wynetta being one and (the one taking the picture)- Trish being the other. So fun! Today we were able to keep Isaiah some while Tighe took his sister for a vaccination and got to have lunch with them too ;) So nice to get to see some friends and enjoy other adults!

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. This is a beautiful photo! Did Ivan get a haircut? Mimi cracks me up--I can just hear her counting. I love Ivan's spirit and the excitementand he has...even planning for the future. I feel the same way about teaching Imogen. I took her to school today and spoke to her more in French there than I do at home! Vraiment! Love you
You look amazing--so glad you don't have much longer to go.

Ian said...

Time is going by quickly.