Monday, December 22, 2008

zzzzz

They play hard and then they...









Today we got our big Christmas day grocery run done. I was so happy the kids were good! I let them cross off items on the list, since it was so big, I knew we would get lost in it all. I normally don't like getting things that aren't my usuals, because they are hard to find and I end up going back and forth through the aisles, plus the store was full of everyone else doing the same as us, but when the kids are pleasant, even the grocery store can be fun- a place of discovery and "treasure hunting". Several people who saw me mentioned that I may get a baby for Christmas or would comment on how cute or good the kids were. Kids seems to bring out the friendliness in others- especially older people. Their eyes light up and they talk to us.

We then went out to the house Brian is working on in Clyde, where he gave the kids the grand tour. I saw it on our date last Fri. We got to the partially finished master bath and I asked the kids what was missing. They said a bath (it just has a shower) and I said "yes, what else?". Ivan whispered: "there is no potty". When I exclaimed "yes, there is no potty!" excited that he had solved the riddle, he started hushing me and telling me to be quiet, like I shouldn't say something like that so loudly! I'm sure he would be most horrified that I just posted this information for all the online world to see.

We went out for lunch together with Brian at Subway and Ivan thoroughly enjoyed choosing his vegetables for his sandwhich (he picked everything!) If I had made it at home, he would have complained about the toppings, but there, it was exciting to tell the lady everything he wanted and then to eat them all.

Tomorrow the grands arrive from Canada, so that is very exciting. I can say that then our holidays really begin!

2 comments:

GMS said...

Let the grandparent spoiling begin. I'm sure they will enjoy every single minute. We will be looking forward to hearing about it all.

Anonymous said...

After a day of Christmas shopping a good nap is truly in order.