Saturday, December 20, 2008

So much fun!



We had such a super anniversary. We had to stay in town since I could have a baby any minute, but several friends came together to make our evening so precious. Tighe took the kids for the night on their first friend slumber party. The above pic. is Dominique with some of the items we packed, a blanket, Dora pillow and Dora doll. She and Ivan loved their slumber party and want to do it again! Olivia, Tighe's neighbor, also played with the kids, which was one of the special highlights of their stay. We went to a movie, at a theatre! That deserves an exclamation point because we don't get to do that much anymore. We saw Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and were very moved by it. It's not exactly your feel good, romantic anniversary movie, but has a lot of substance and meaning that spoke to us on many levels. We ate a most incredible meal by Chef Joel, of TruBlu catering. They had made us a romantic little getaway in a part of his kitchen and he served us a most exquisite meal of lamb and couscous, salsa verde, spinach salad, pecan and berry desert... So yummy. I felt like we were eating in NY. and listening to music from New Orleans, but there we were in little Clyde Texas. I gave Brian what I guess you'd call a framed collage, with a picture of us at our wedding and one now. I need to scan it and show you what I did with it. I think we look different, a little older, but I like the us now, even more than the us then, because now we have 10 years of depths, experience, love, growing together...

Here we are with the master Chef and dining.




In the meantime, our house is getting into shape bit by bit. I've recuited some very underage, cheap help. They loved wiping down the baby toys we pulled out of storage. Of course Ivan remembered every single one of them from when he was a baby (even the ones that we didn't have yet when he was a baby). Here they are with the loot.

I got another clutter space organized because I was moving some stuff out of the baby room and into the cabinet when I realized that the cabinet would not accept anything more without a thorough going through and restructuring. So, I complied and we can now fit everything and more as well as find things which is good. Like who knew when I bought glue sticks a couple of months ago, that I still had about 10 of them in the cabinet from our neighborhood club days. Well, I know now, and can find them!

Brian baked a couple of pies for Christmas and I need to go through the recipes and find ingredients for a grocery run tomorrow. We have some friends coming by, but I'm making them all bring something because I'm mean and can't deal with the stress of doing a big meal by myself. Last time I did that pregnant, I actually got sick that night. Learned my lesson. So we'll get to have fun and a great meal, but I only have to cook a couple of things- yeah!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED WISHES. I INTENDED TO CALL YOU FRIDAY BUT GOT LOST IN THE WORK OF THE SEASON. ILOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE YOU REALLY HAD A GREAT ANNIVERSARY. IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE GOTTEN A LOT DONE IN PREPARATION FOR NEW BABY GIRL. WE JUST FINISHED OUR 2ND HOLIDAY LUNCHEON ABOUT AN HOUR AGO, MY SWEET MAN IS IN THE KITCHEN WASHING DISHES. WE ARE BOTH POOPED BUT IT SO REWARDING DOING THE LUNCHEON. GOOD IDEA TO HAVE FRIENDS TO BRING THE SIDE DISHES. WE GET A LITTLE STRESSED AND HEAVEN KNOWS WE AREN'T EXPECTING!!

jenn with two n's said...

Dominique looks so grown up in that first pic--guess she is in a way with her first slumber party under her belt. What awesome friends! So glad you two had a special night. It seems like it was memorable. I think the same thing about John and I and we'll only be going on five years next July! It just gets better I figure. Love you,

Jenn

Sarahmac said...

Congratulations on your 10th year! I love you guys, even though I still haven't formally met Brian... xoxox

trish said...

I am so happy you had a good time. I was so sad that I could not see you. I had to take Nash to get his football trophy. Next time...