Sunday, December 14, 2008

Toddler tales vol.3

As I was unloading the groceries, the kids each snagged a block of cheese and were putting it up to their eyes as if the blocks were cameras, making clicking noises and saying "say cheese!" (so clever)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, the baby was moving around in weird positions, so I showed the family my rocking and rolling belly. Ivan looks up at me and says: "you look like a hot air balloon". OK, not exactly the compliment one looks for, but probably pretty true to fact. I start my 9th month this week, which means weekly doctor appointments and a soon to arrive baby.

I thought that once I stopped keeping the Aim boys, I'd have all this time to get ready and think about the baby and instead Christmas has slammed us in the face. I think we've got most of it done though. We are finishing up the last of our homemade gifts so I hope that we can get stuff mailed off Monday to far away family, except for the Canadian contingent who will get their gifts via dad's suitcase- you don't mind do you dad?

Mom always baked Christmas goodies and I haven't gotten at all that adventurous. I figure I was doing good to get a few gifts under the tree. Besides, we already eat too much sweets right? I could say that we're trying to be more health conscious instead of just lazy. And it's not like their isn't anything special in the house with the box of chocolate delicacies that my future sister-in-law sent us from Germany. Yeah, we are spoiled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are spoild by me. :D It won't last forever though. So be glad you are spoild now. *haha*