Friday, August 03, 2007

last day fun and tears


We spent Jenn and John's last day in Texas having a lot of fun. We all went to Fort Worth where we enjoyed a visit to the most amazing zoo I've ever been to. It was slightly drizzling right before we got there, and we'd driven through pounding rain 2 out of the 3 hours getting there, so we almost tried to do something else, but I'm glad we got to the zoo instead. The rain held off until right when we were leaving and only became a bit harder rainfall as we were getting in the car.

We saw all sorts of animals, but my favorites were the monkeys- gorillas, orangutangs and some monkeys with a remarkable face on the front and on their rear ends- which I thought was terribly hilarious and creative.

I saw many animals for the first time ever: kangaroos and her joey, hippopotamus' rhinocerus and a comodo dragon.





The funniest thing was when about 30 birds flew off right by Jenn's head.

I'm so glad they came, but it is always too short. I'm sitting here bewildered that they've already come and gone. It seems like I'm excited for months that they are coming then it just goes too quick. Seeing them wave goodbye is always so hard, so I appeased my deep sorrow by looking at pictures of them just taken- maybe that way we can hold on to them a little longer.









As we were driving home, Ivan was trying to figure everything out. Uncle John and auntie Jenn are going to eat? They aren't coming with us? We are going home? Where are auntie Jenn and uncle John?

They are far, far away, but oh so near to our hearts... we love you and miss you already. Thanks for the mail and gifts, for your visit, your friendship, your spending time off to see us and not some more exotic location, although Abilene outdid itself weather-wise this trip, I'm sure you don't choose to keep coming back due to it's enticing attractions ;)

4 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

We love you and miss you too!

Ian said...

Great pictures; I like the one of Dominique and Jennifer sharing a cone.

Deana said...

I love to read other people's loves towards their sisters!

Nana said...

Ian, that was one of my favorites also. I made a copy to share with friends.