Thursday, August 16, 2007






Ivan and Dominique enjoyed driving a train at the store.


They also had fun in the play area where we ate.


But what are outings, when there are so many exciting things at home: a box, a pot, the dog water. Children love dog water and dog food. I've had many children in this house, as well as our two permanent curiosity seekers and every single one (of a certain early age) have been fascinated by the dog bowls and their contents. Both of my children have of course tried the culinary delights of dry dog chunks. Can't always get them to eat vegetables, but who can resist brown, grainy, hard, dog treats? Both of my children can lap water. Dominique had the bowl between her legs and bent herself forward to lap, so at least I can say that she laps daintily, not on her hands and knees like her brother. I have not been able to break Ivan of taking slurps out of the outside water dish either- hey when it's hot and there's this huge bucket of water just beckoning child and canine alike, what's a guy to do???

Maybe I should teach Saba how to use the potty. It may be easier. Some children ask to use the potty, my son asks to go outside then comes in 2 minutes later to tell me he pooped. Maybe I should try to photoshop a picture of Saba on the potty and tell Ivan she has a new trick. I could let her go in the bathroom several times a day and flush for her and give her stickers. A little deceptive you say? maybe... ;)

5 comments:

Ian said...

Every day is a great adventure seen through the eyes of a child (or by those adults who have never grown up!) Isn't life great?

Davis Family said...

Ha I love your idea about toilet training your dog. It is one of those it just might work ideas!
Of course I'd pay money to see you doing it - the things we'll do!
We are doing the one going potty saga too - so know that we are with you in your battle!

Eric said...

With both boys, potty-training was a rolleroaster ride. It looked like they got it but then they regressed. Good luck

Lady J said...

There's always the way I did it...leave him in pull-ups until he tells YOU he doesn't want diapers anymore, remove them & never have one accident or struggle again! As long as you don't mind changing diapers for another year...cuz Harrison was nearly 4 before that happened! Some call it lazy...I just call it easy!

Trail Rider said...

ahhhh, potty training....

I don't do anything until they just do it. To me, it's not worth the hassle. All the work of running to the potty while they are in "mid-grunt" just so they can poop the last half in the pot....

Faith is 2 and a half. She still isn't trained. But i know that she won't be in kindergarten with a diaper in her backpack.
that's the main thing. if your child goes to school with a diaper in their bag, then you have issues. kids will train when they are ready.

Cute cute photos...once again!