Monday, August 13, 2007

dust off

Well, the company is gone and the camera is gathering dust. I've taken about 3 pictures of the kids since the auntie and uncle left ;( I should get some new material tomorrow. After dropping daddy off at work, we are heading to the farmer's market, a breakfast picnic in a downtown park and more wandering downtown until library time- maybe we'll even take the trolley (a free old time trolley bus that makes a circuit in the downtown area).

Here's Dominique catching a ride with our neighbor, Big Buddy.




I keep forgetting all the funny things Ivan says, so this time I wrote down a couple of them.

We were coloring and Ivan is making several scribbles so he asks me:

"what's this I drew?"
"I don't know, what?"
"It's a dog hiding"
This is absolutely brilliant in my opinion, because you should never underestimate that scribble.

New scribble:

"what's this I drew?"
"I don't know, what?"
"It's something"
Again, I have to admit he's incredibly intelligent. He knows he doesn't have the vocabulary for everything, but he has very obviously drawn something.

He repeats the charade again with another scribble:
"what's this I drew?"
"I don't know, what?"
"It's something again!"
At this point I'm sure he's wondering how he could have gotten such dull parents.

The other night Ivan wanted some water, but I was busy with Dominique. Then he came to me and exclaimed "I don't know which one". I told him I had no clue what he was talking about and he repeated this phrase severals times even adding "it's dark" and something about the bathroom. Again I said that I didn't understand what he was trying to tell me. He paused. Thought some, then came up with a new tactic. He then said: "Can you turn the light on?" Then it dawned on me. Our bathroom has two light switches and they are turned sideways. He didn't know which one to turn on! Of course when I got to the bathroom, I found his potty/stool pushed up to the wall, where he excitedly turned on the correct switch once I showed him which one.

5 comments:

Ian said...

Dominique looks so cute holding on to her hat while she rides.

Deana said...

I love hearing the stories of Ivan's discoveries! Hope you have a great outing today!

Anonymous said...

Smart kids you have there. Hoe your potty trainig will succeed soon.
My mom says that nowadays the diapers are way to comfortable so that the kids don't want "to do it the right way". I think she is right. When I have kids I will use the old cloth diapers. *lol* Even though that means loads of washing. *g*

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Andrea- you are going to marry my brother right? I have a hard time seeing him change cloth diapers. I nannied for a family that used cloth and I had a friend who used cloth. Every time I picked up her baby, I got slimed in crap! More power to you girl!! ;) I have thought of putting a cloth diaper in his disposable one so that he'll feel it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, your bother, last time I checked anyway. :D
I know, your brother can't stand pets already, I don't know how he will handle a dirty child.
I guess I will do all the work...