Saturday, August 04, 2007






Dominique had a rough day, therefore I had a rough day. She is cutting two teeth at the same time. Apparently this affects her ability to walk, stand, sit or be by herself. If I so much as set her down she screamed and cried. Maybe my pores seep pain reliever? If so, we need to bottle our find. In the meantime, I held her a lot today and listened to her cry the rest of the time. We tried oragel. She loved it and wanted to eat the stuff- which caused another crying tantrum when I took it away and I still couldn't set her down.

Ivan is not very compassionate about the situation. He figures if Dominique can be carried, he should be carried too. And he also takes some morbid delight in gently tipping her over whenever he walks by her. Sometimes he sticks out a leg or arm, sometimes he just pushes her. With her being off balance today (physically and emotionally), she screamed if he so much as touched or looked at her.

We did have some fun in between the screams, we made a craft, did make believe, danced and of course read many books over and over (Dominique is becoming quite the prolific reader- if bringing books to readers and forcing them to read as she sits and turns pages counts).



One evening, Brian was watching the kids. When I came home, he was out back and this is the state in which I found our children. Gotta love dads!




I'll try to post some of the videos from our auntie and uncle visit tomorrow.

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

no, they didn't face paint Ivan's face. Ivan licked the ice cream out of his bowl and came out like that. He looked like a little chocolated clown.

Ian said...

Do you remember getting your gums rubbed with a spoon? When I was about 18 and my wisdom teeth were coming in I don't think I could walk straight then either.

Nana said...

Ice cream is a food group worth diving into the bowl for! Amen to your comment, Ian! I remember my wisdom teeth coming in in my senior year of high school. Eating fresh, soft bread was not pleasant. When your gums or teeth hurt I think blurry vision comes into play with the pain. God bless you Dominique Grandpa Ian and Nana know what you're going through.