Wednesday, August 15, 2007

a fun two days







Best part of yesterday: having breakfast in the early morning sunshine in a beautiful park with the sound of water splashing from the fountain and enjoying my supper with no screaming, even enjoying ice cream in delightful silence while the kids played outside.

Best part of today: taking Dominique to a pool party that I was told about last minute and hanging out until 10pm with tons of other kids and family.

Worst part: Ivan tantrums littered throughout yesterday and today, 'causing him to miss out on the most awesome pool and party and clobbering him upside the head with the car door when he ran up to me as I was shutting it.

Funniest part of today: Ivan watching kids arrive to our fast food lunch stop and exclaiming over and over "My friends are coming!" He didn't know a single kid coming in, but they were all his friends and he did have fun playing with them.

Ivan and his "friend" (a complete stranger to us)

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Ha - I just hit Gavin with the car door the other day too - I was trying to shut it and he sort of just popped up in the way! Wow - our kids will have lots of stories to tell later when they are older.

Ian said...

Wouldn't life be great if we saw others the way Ivan does (at least for now)that everyone that you meet is your friend?