Wednesday, December 22, 2010



This weekend, we went to a classmate of Ivan's house to get some cookies made for Christmas.

The big haul yesterday was walls and ceiling for the basement. I keep thinking we are so close to having twice the amount of house to move into, then I see something like this and realized there is still a ton of work to do. But my cousins stopped by and OFFERED to come help next week with his father-in-law, dad- seeing a construction party forming up decided that he would for sure be back and with Brian they may be able to get all these hung next week? This would be the hugest Christmas gift ever! I bet by himself that would be about a month of work, but with a crew of 4, they can possibly do it in half a week. Sheena volunteered to cook for them and I will be blissfully missing it all while my kids play with their cousins and I get to hold my growing new nephew and see my sis, brother, sis-in-law and mom for the week, take in some swimming...


This will definitely be on my list of favorite things to look forward to all year. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, not just watching Ivan, who is so serious that he looked angry the whole time, but all the classes were spectacular. Dad kept leaning over and saying "they were really good!" The teachers at Ivan's school are incredible I tell you! Meanwhile Brian sat with my cousins and our neighbors at the back with all the other parents who didn't catch seats. I think they were being goofs most the time, but he did shoot a couple of videos and get some pics!


Dad got the closer pics and videos. We managed to snag a couple of seats near the front.



Today we woke up to a winterwonderland. It's enchanting to see the trees covered in frost, the snow glittering and fluffy. So nice.

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Oh my, Ivan does look very serious doesn't he?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the crew will get the walls up and taped by the end of the year!

Nana said...

Kids Christmas programs are so good. I remember Brian's Hey, call Christmas at your house. With all of the help you'd have the walls, ceilings and taping down by Sunday. You could lay carpet next week and move in!! Just thought