Saturday, December 18, 2010

more winter fun

You may as well get used to the winter pictures. I find I am not taking as many pictures. Something about freezing your fingers off while you fumble for your camera and the fact that everything is white or shades of gray has slowed down the camera shots a bit. But there are still some fun things, so I have to get it out from time to time. Here I am after working on the quinzee. The snow in my hair is from digging snow out over my head and it pouring down on me.



Here is the quinzee, not yet finished.

Just as Brian was wondering where he'd put all the snow throughout winter, since our piles had already gotten pretty tall, our neighbor came over and volunteered to push it into the yard with his snowblower.




Some shots on the sledding hill when the sun was out. That sun sure makes a huge difference! When it is cloudy, it's just so ugly looking, but on those days I get excited to drink hot chocolate and make soup.

I have a lot to do this weekend.
Make another painted gift. Wrap gifts, address a couple of gifts, clean the house, move out of our room into the kid's room so that dad can have our room (yeah, dad is coming!), make Christmas baking with another mom from Ivan's school (she volunteered we do it together) and go out for my anniversary! We are celebrating 12 years this weekend. Who would have known we would be living in the country where we married all this time later?!

What was your best anniversary gift/memory?

2 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Happy anniversary! And many more to come! Lots of good anniversaries. Last year in Paris was fun... This year we went on a date and a European like restaurant. When I was pregnant with Gordon we went to a friend's pool and we imagined we were on our honeymoon!

Ian said...

Twice Ruth and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in France. In 2009 we went to a restaurant in Hennbont. The next day we were in an hour-long parade in rented medieval costumes that snaked through the main streets of the city.